Football season story
With Daregal fresh frozen herbs, you can easily add gourmet taste to made-from-scratch recipes or store bought dips and sauces. Our game plan for football season appetizers and dips includes tips you can use no matter how much time you have to get ready for your next party:
- When you don’t have much time to put together some football appetizers, simply sprinkle some dill dip in your favorite sour cream-based dip and serve with assorted raw vegetables and plain rippled potato chips.
- Just as football coaches use halftime as a time to make in-game adjustments, party hosts can decide halfway through a get together that more or different food is needed. If light snacking with dips isn’t tackling your guests’ hunger, throw a frozen pizza in the oven and sprinkle some Daregal fresh frozen oregano on it when it’s done – you’ll be surprised how much better it tastes.
When time isn’t a concern and you want to serve the most flavorful dips, try these great party dip recipes.
Kick off your fall with easy gourmet dips
We’re introducing our Daregal dip tips just in time for football season!
Serious cooking enthusiasts appreciate the ease of adding Daregal herbs to gourmet recipes - but that’s not the only way to enjoy fresh frozen herbs. They’re also perfect for adding big time flavor to casual snacking and dips -
especially when having people over.
Whether you’re having a dinner party or inviting friends over to watch the big game, there’s an herb dip that’s just right for the occasion. From making dill dip to serving oregano spreads, dips are easy to make and universally liked.
Lucky 7 Layer Dip with cilantro and dill
- 1 can of refried beans
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 can of salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- Shredded jack and cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of diced black olives
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 small can of jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Daregal Cilantro
- Daregal Dill
In a large pan spread the refried beans smoothly.
In a bowl, mash the avocados with 2 tablespoons of salsa, 2 tsp of Daregal cilantro, and squeeze half a lime.
Layer on top of the refried beans.
To the sour cream, add two tablespoons of Daregal Dill (optional) and layer on top of the guacamole.
Layer the rest of the salsa on top of the sour cream.
Evenly sprinkle the jack and cheddar cheese over entire layer with desired amount.
Add a layer of diced tomatoes and olives on top of the cheese.
For a little kick, add the jalapeños for the final layer.
Enjoy with your favorite type of tortilla chips.
White Bean dip with oregano and parsley
- One can or package of white beans
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of Daregal fresh frozen Parsley
- 2.5 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 2.5 teaspoons of Daregal Fresh Frozen oregano
- 1 clove of garlic
- Plain tortilla chips
- Vegetables like carrots, broccoli, asparagus and cauliflower
Mix beans, olive oil, garlic, oregano and parsley in a food processor or blender. Cover and process until the mixture is nearly smooth. Pour in a large bowl and top the mixture with grated parmesan cheese. Serve with breadsticks, chips and your choice of veggies.
Creamy dill dip
- 3 cups low fat Greek yogurt or unflavored yogurt
- 4 table spoons Daregal fresh frozen dill
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Stir all ingredients together and chill. Serve with pita chips.
Garlic oregano dip
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Serve with pita bread slices,
Warm cheese dip with parsley
- 3 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Muenster cheese
- 2 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Daregal Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
Preheat oven to 350F
Mix all ingredients and place in a small oven safe bowl. Bake for 15-20 minutes until melted and
bubbly. Serve with apple slices, crisp vegetables, crackers, bread, etc.